After ‘while, crocodile

I will no longer be owner and editor of {a mom’s view of ADHD}. The decision to transfer the site to a new owner was tough — this site has been my baby, my refuge, for more than four years now. With a lot of soul searching, I realized that I can no longer  commit such a large portion of my life to ADHD, for the sake of my own mental health and the health of my family, especially my sweet boy with ADHD.

For a while now, I’ve found it overwhelming to keep up with the website and everything else happening in our family and the site had to take a back burner unfortunately. That lead to guilt. Guilt that I wasn’t providing you, my readers, what you need and deserve – and guilt that I was handling my family from a place of overwhelm. The option of transferring the blog has been weighing on me these last several months as I struggled to keep up.

Then, in October, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and began to realize how much my stress (and guilt load) affects my pain level and neuropathy. My health is forcing me to simplify my life, and this is one of my many hats that I have to retire.

The site has been a true blessing in my life and each of you have provided inspiration, friendship and a shoulder to lean on when I needed it most. I’ll still depend on the {a mom’s view of ADHD} community for these things. I’ll still be writing on the site and sharing on the Facebook page as well.

I am transferring ownership of the site to Adrienne Bashista of Easy to Love but Hard to Raise. Adrienne will continue to grow this very special community in conjunction with the Easy to Love community.

As for me, I will continue to contribute to {a mom’s view of ADHD} and I will begin a new journey to learn how to cope with chronic pain and live daily with Fibromyalgia. And, who knows, you may see my name on bookshelves someday soon… it is definitely a goal I continue to work toward and one I can work on in my own time, as my health allows.

This is most definitely not farewell….

parenting/FAMILY ·

1. Beth B says:

Thank you Penny for all that you have shared.   You have been a lifeline and a great educational resource.

Please take care of yourself and if you haven’t had the Western Blot test for Lyme disease, be sure to get it.   Don’t just accept the results of the ELISA test.

2. Susan S. says:

God speed and take care of yourself!

3. guest says:

We will miss your frequent posts, but we look forward to hearing from you when you are able. Thanks for all of your work; it has benefited many! I hope all goes well with your treatment and your healing.

4. Dawn Mooney says:

Best to you, Penny. Though I haven’t been very active in this community, I’ve felt immeasurable support through your posts. Good luck with your health!

5. Birthmovements says:

Thank you for the gifts you have given. Best wishes for your health and your family.

6. Lpb97402 says:

Thank You Penny for all that you have done for us. You were the first person that let me know I wasn’t the only one dealing with children with ADHD. I have learned so much from you and your readers that I did not know before. I will pray for you and your family. Take care of yourself this is most important.

7. Dee says:

I won’t say that I’m not disappointed. Penny, you’ve always seemed to be such a soul sister in terms of how you have approached your son’s ADHD. I’ve been awed and comforted by it at the same time. I will mourn the loss of your guidance including the ideas you bring forth and just the plain commiseration I feel when you talk about the things your son goes through that so closely mirror what we have gone through.

But at the same time, I totally understand. I’ve just started having some health issues of my own. I’ve been gadding about for answers as to how best I should approach my life, and Dylan’s life with ADHD.  And I haven’t come up with any answers yet.

A Mom’s View was the best resource I found in those tough early days of diagnosis. I’m glad it will continue and I trust that Adrienne will do a super job. But I’ll still miss you, Penny.

8. Jenn_Choi says:

If it wasn’t for a mom’s view, we would have never met.  Thanks for inviting me to write here.  Thanks for your encouragement on both of my blogs.   I still wait for the day when we will get to go out again!  Hopefully in 2013.  You will be very missed but I am so very proud of you for thinking of you first.   You are a good role model to us all and your children as well.  Now go on and write that book(s)!

9. Ebony says:

Thank you for your willingness to share your experiences with us.  You are one of the first blogs I found relating to having a child diagnosed with ADHD and have found your stories so helpful.  Best wishes and take care of yourself!

10. ADHD App says:

Thank you for all the amazing information and stories you’ve shared Penny. On behalf of the entire team here at ADHD-App (www.adhd-app.com), we wish you good luck on your future endeavours and look forward to seeing you return as a contributor in the future.

Sincerely,
    Willem, ADHD-App.com

11. ADHDC says:

Thanks for all you’ve done for the ADHD community!  Best of luck to you in your next chapter of life.
    -Katherine Price
    ADHDCCoaching Parents of Kidswith Special Needs.www.adhdc.comwww.facebook.com/AdhdcParentCoachinghttp://adhdc.wordpress.com

12. You are awesome Penny. Take care of you, and thank you for all you have done to help other people take care of themselves and their kids.